Friday, May 9, 2014

My "Rest Day"

Some of the architecture in the
National History Museum
We had class today and afterwards another girl and I went to the Natural History Museum. We weren’t there long; we just wanted to get a feel for the place. And it was awesome! There’s no way you could see it all in one day. It would take at least two, maybe even three. The stuff that we saw was amazing (first edition of The Origin of Species, the first meteor owned by the UK (given to them by the US), a fossil that was 147 million years old, an amazing hummingbird display, etc.) and I especially can’t wait to go back and visit the space exhibit. You get to ride an escalator up into a globe/meteor-looking thing. Plus, the architecture in the museum was amazing! I didn’t take pictures of many exhibits because we were only there for an hour, but I did take pictures of the architecture. It was incredible!

We only stayed at the museum for an hour because some people in the flat had dubbed today a “rest day”. Which I was completely fine with because the thought of walking anywhere made me exhausted. Plus, we have another very full day tomorrow. Some people did homework, others took naps, I was going to watch TV/a movie and read, but instead, I spent the day trying to get rid of a virus on my computer. It decided to cause me stress and frustration as soon as I sat down to enjoy my day. After several attempts to fix it, I gave up and went with some other girls to buy chocolate. Because chocolate fixes everything, duh. Turns out that it does, or at least it provides useful inspiration because after we got home I had a new idea and it worked! I fixed it! I was so proud of myself. However, I will have to thank Wendy for helping me and giving me suggestions. She’s great. I was really disappointed that I couldn’t just call her and have her come over and look at it for me.

We got our ward assignments today too. Luckily, I get to go to the ward that is held in the same church building as our classes. No fighting the construction on the Tube for me! J
Well, that’s it for today. Nothing too exciting. Enjoy the few pictures that I have to offer. 


A very bright picture of the raspberry tart I ate yesterday
(It was delicious!) Those are actual raspberries, actual garden raspberries!
Sadie's evil expression over Skype tonight. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment