Thursday, May 15, 2014

Day 10: The Day My Body Finally Forced Me To Slow Down

How I spent my afternoon.
Pasta, Digestives (very yummy cookies), and Doctor Who
So, I did have big plans for today. I was going to go to 221B Baker Street and then go to Speedy’s (where they film the BBC's Sherlock), but after buying tickets for The Woman in Black I got really nauseated and dizzy. So I came back to the flat, took a short nap, sat in bed and watched Doctor Who for a while and felt so much better (I felt better after the nap actually). And before you guys all freak out and worry, I feel fine now. No idea what happened this morning. It was very weird. Oh well, Sherlock isn’t going anywhere and there is still time to go see it.

So after spending the day relaxing in bed, I went to see The Woman in Black. It’s a suspenseful play (it has also been made into a movie, Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) is in the movie).  We were running late because of a complication on the tube and we had to make a bunch of transfers in order to get to the right location. Then we ran/speed walked around until we found the theater. We arrived at 8, which was when the play started, but thank goodness that all London theaters run on Mormon Standard Time, because they always start at least 5 minutes late.

The play was really good. It was slow at first, and because I’d seen the movie I kept trying to figure out what they were going to do and what they weren’t. The play wasn’t too scary (at least it wasn’t to me), but it was suspenseful. You kept waiting for the Woman in Black to pop up and make you jump. I enjoyed the play. It was different.
My gelato

Afterwards we got gelato. Raspberry and brownie for me.

Anyway, that was my semi-boring (not by choice) day and I have no extra pictures. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment