Saturday, May 17, 2014

Doctor Who!

Paddington Station -
where we got on the train
Woke up at 5:30 this morning. Of course you’re wondering why a girl who loves her sleep so much would wake up so early on a Saturday morning. Well, I woke up so early because we took a day trip to Wales! It was amazing! It was so green and peaceful. We went to Cardiff, specifically Cardiff Bay and it was wonderful. It was great to see the ocean. (Oh, and sorry in advance because this post is all over the place, but I'm tired, so this is the best I've got tonight)

So, we went to Cardiff to go to the Doctor Who Experience. As someone who’s only seen 5 episodes, I didn’t appreciate it as much as the others in our group, but it was still awesome! We saw lots of landmarks from Doctor Who, including a wall on the pier dedicated to a character that died in the spin-off (I think). Anyway, we walked around the pier for a while. Then we walked by the BBC studios. There wasn’t anything going on there because it was a Saturday, but it was still awesome just to be there. Then we had ice cream and it was quite possibly the best ice cream I’ve ever had.


Me and the Tardis
(the Tenth Doctor's Tardis)
Ok, the Doctor Who Experience was next. The first part was an interactive experience where you helped the Doctor (Matt Smith – the Eleventh Doctor) find the Tardis. We went through a crack/split in time and then we found the Tardis! We got to walk through it. It was awesome! So cool. Then we went into a room with Daleks. They were cool. Then we walked through a forest with the Weeping Angels. I loved it! I haven’t actually watched any episodes with either the Daleks or the Weeping Angels, but I knew enough about them to enjoy the experience. Then there was a 3-D part where it felt like you were going through time. The Weeping Angels were reaching towards you. Anyway, it was awesome. Then we got to explore the exhibition area. They had all of the sonic screwdrivers, and the Doctor’s outfits. And the outfits of the various characters throughout Doctor Who. They had the interior of the Tardis too, which was nice because you weren’t allowed to take pictures during the interactive part. Then, upstairs they had all the monsters and 3 different Tardis’s. It was really cool.

Look at all that cheese!
It got me ridiculously excited for the Harry Potter Studio Tour. We’re going on Monday! It’s so close!

After we left the exhibition, we went into the gift shop. I bought a 1000 piece puzzle. It’s going to be so hard and I’m excited! Then we ate at the Doctor Who café thing. I had a jacket potato with SO much cheese! Afterwards we just wandered around the bay. We sat on the pier and talked. We went into this old building where they ran the coal industry in Cardiff Bay. It was simple and interesting. Oh, and by the way, Welsh is literally the strangest written language. Anyway, then we came home on the train that we took to get there. It was a 2 hour train ride one-way. It wasn’t too bad.

And that was my whole day! And I got a sunburn! Not a bad one, it’ll be gone by tomorrow, but a sunburn! The sun was out!


So, here are a few pictures, I took dozens more, but I don’t want to overwhelm you with Doctor Who. 

Look! English major nerdiness! Hemingway Road!

Panoramic of Cardiff
(I just recently found the Panoramic setting on my phone. It's great!)

The BBC!

Panoramic of the BBC Studio

My fabulous vanilla ice cream

The Tardis!

The inside of the Tardis!

Me standing next to the Tenth Doctor's attire. 

The different sonic screwdrivers. 

A LEGO Dalek

Me next to a different Tardis

My 1000 piece puzzle!
It's a Van Gogh painting of the Tardis exploding from the show.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment