Monday, May 26, 2014

I'm in Ireland!!!

The view from the bridge
Hmmm…let’s see. Started the day off with class and after class we left for Ireland! So, we took a train to the airport and once we got to the airport it was a breeze to get on the plane. It was so easy to get through security. It was wonderful. Ate at the airport. A brie and bacon melt with peach lemonade. It was pretty good. The flight itself was only 55 minutes, but lucky Chelsea has a head cold so the added pressure on my head was horrible. Those 55 minutes were some of the most painful minutes I’ve ever experienced. My head was pounding. I was pretty sure it was going to explode. It’s 10:30 now and one of my ears still hasn’t popped. But, enough about my head issues...

So, Ireland! It’s gorgeous. Everything is super green. After getting confused with the buses we made it to our flat. After we checked in we went to this Irish pub called The Celt. I had Traditional Beef and Guinness stew with their rye bread. It was AMAZING! The beef was so tender and delicious. The whole thing was wonderful. One of the best things I’ve eaten on this entire trip.

I know it doesn't look delicious, but
those mashed potatoes on top were divine. 


We walked down the river Iffey (I think that’s what it’s called) and saw some cool cathedrals. And now it’s definitely time to sleep so I can wake up early for the tour tomorrow. 












St. Patrick's Cathedral

No comments:

Post a Comment