Sunday, May 11, 2014

My Lazy Sunday

Not from today, but from the first day we were here.
Look how exhausted I am, this was the end of the day.
So, now you know what Chelsea looks like on 1 hour of sleep.
Didn't do much today. Went to my ward for the first time. My ward is a 10-15 minute walk just around the
corner, so I don't have to take the Tube or a train, which is awesome. So, my ward was about the size of a smallerish singles ward. The chapel was big: high ceilings, huge windows, and they had organ pipes. Their organist was fantastic too. And one of the Sacrament speakers was from Provo!

After Sacrament meeting, the bishop called the 4 of us up to the front so he could give us our callings. We are supposed to work in Primary/the Nursery. The bishop was so proud of their nursery because they have the largest nursery in their stake. 11 kids. It was a shock to have so few children in nursery and have that also be the largest nursery in the stake. Culture shock for the day. So, the 4 of us went up to nursery and they only took 2 people (not me). The bishop had planned for us to switch off every week in nursery, but then the nursery leader told us that we should keep the same two people in nursery so we don't confuse the kids. So, unless I'm told otherwise I'll just go to Sunday School and Relief Society for the next 5 weeks. 

Both the Sunday School teacher and the Relief Society teacher were African and their accents were fairly difficult to understand. Relief Society was pretty interesting too. We had an almost argument in the lesson, which was new to me. They were arguing over some aspect of Joseph Smith history, someone had provided inaccurate information. It was super awkward. And that basically concluded my first time in a London ward.
Where I spent my lazy Sunday

We came home after church and I didn't leave the flat again. I ate pasta for lunch (nothing fancy today). I spent most of the afternoon in the living room by myself writing a paper and reading Much Ado About Nothing. Skyped my mom for Mother’s Day. We talked for a while and then after she got off Skype she called me back on the phone.

Then after that I watched part of The Avengers (Avengers Assemble here in the UK), played cards, did word puzzles: boring stuff. Skyped with mom again (which wasn’t boring at all because love my mom so much!). A group of us had a meeting about Cardiff, which is where the Doctor Who Experience is. A group of us wanted to go up there. Granted I’ve never watched Doctor Who, but I know that when I start watching it when I get back home, I’ll be mad that I didn’t go on the tour. So, I’m going.

I know it's a sad picture, but it's my first Doctor Who episode!
After the meeting I asked the Doctor Who fans what the best episode was, so I could watch at least one episode before we went. When they finally settled on an episode I plugged my computer into the TV (Yay HDMI cables!) and we watched an episode. During that episode I ate Crunchie Rocks for the first time today. They are amazing! They are basically corn flakes and honey covered in Cadbury chocolate. I literally stopped what I was doing after I bit into the first one and looked at it in amazement. They are so delicious!

Anyway, that was pretty much my whole day. Not sure how an empty day could turn into such a long blog post, but there you go.
Also a sad picture,
but these are those delicious chocolates

And Happy Mother's Day to all the fabulous women in my life! Love you guys!













Oh look, here's a picture from yesterday!
Outside The Cockpit waiting to see Richard III

1 comment:

  1. Might have to bring some crunchie rocks home. They sound delicious. Love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete