Friday, May 16, 2014

Fish and Chips! Finally!

Fish and chips!
Slept in until 11:30 today and it was glorious! We didn’t have class or anything this morning, so most of us slept in. Then at 5:00 we had a backstage tour of the National Theater. It was a lot of fun and very interesting. I was wearing my t-shirt with the Dumbledore quote (“Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light”) and our tour guide called me Dumbledore for the duration of the tour, which was fine. I have no problem answering to the name Dumbledore. 

After that we went to the play The Silver Tassie (also at the National), but before that we had fish and chips for dinner. Finally! They were really good. The piece of cod was huge! It was very filling and I ended up giving the rest of it up to others in our group. I was so full!

Anyway, the play was confusing. There was really no definite storyline and none of us could figure out what the point of the play was. There was lots of unnecessary singing. There wasn’t a single character that I cared about. Halfway through the play it was so dull and boring that I wouldn’t have minded if a bomb came in and blew them all up (it was a play about WWI and there had been lots of bombs already in the performance). Anyway, it was the only play so far that I didn’t like.

Outside the National Theater

But, I’d better get off to bed. Busy day tomorrow. 
And sorry for the lack of pictures (haven't done much these last few days), but there will be lots of pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment