Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Front Row Seats at Lion King. No Big Deal.

Front row seat at Lion King!
Started off the day in class. Yes, we do have classes (twice a week) it’s not all fun and games here in
London.

But, no one wants to hear about the boring stuff, so onto the fun stuff! We went to The Lion King today. And guess who got FRONT ROW SEATS for £30!!! And I had an aisle seat. We did! It was amazing! The actors looked me in the eye. A rhino walked past me onto the stage. I was almost hit in the face by the hyenas. It was fantastic. The music was great. The acting was great. I loved the boy who played young Simba, he was adorable. Plus, at the end Simba looked directly at us and did the ‘thank you’ two-handed gesture, the one that kind of looks like he’s blowing a kiss (maybe that made sense). But, anyway it was awesome being so close to the stage.

Then we walked across the Thames and went to the Globe to wait in line for Much Ado About Nothing. Had another yummy melty Panini sandwich thing for dinner. We stood in the Yard during the Shakespeare play. We were in the back leaning up against the wall. Which I liked for several reasons. I was tall so I could see over everyone’s heads. And we could see the whole stage. Granted, we couldn’t interact with the actors like the people up front, but I saw the whole stage. The play was well done. It was hysterical. I laughed almost the entire time. I loved it!


So, I know it’s a short post, but it’s definitely time for bed now. Enjoy the pictures!


There are only 2 ingredients in my apple juice guys. 

The stage at The Globe

The Globe

My slightly fuzzy panoramic of The Globe

Lion King!

Standing in the Yard at The Globe

No comments:

Post a Comment