Wednesday, May 7, 2014

It's only been 2 days?!

So first major life lesson that I’ve learned in London (well, second if you count learning how to maneuver the traffic so I don’t get flattened into a pancake) is that I should never underappreciate my bathroom at home. The bathroom (shower, toilet, and sink) that the four of us have to share is no bigger than my pantry back home. It’s definitely a new experience. Anyway, you probably don’t need to know about the dimensions of the bathroom in my flat.

See! Right there!
After the fun experiences of sleeping after jet lag and waking up with the sun (at 5:00 AM) I went to our first class. And I didn’t fall asleep which was a plus. Afterwards we went to buy Oyster cards (the passes for the Tube/Underground) so that we could go see Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, and Piccadilly Circus. Of course, as I was transferring things from my backpack to my purse I forgot my Oyster card, like an idiot, so I ended up having to buy 2 separate day passes for the Tube. So, that was my stupid moment of the day.

It was amazing because as soon as we walked out of the Tube station at Westminster Big Ben was right
there. Like right there. From there we went to Trafalgar Square. We didn’t do much there, just climbed on statues. Then we went to Leicester Square, which was basically full of movie theaters. I realized that I would spend so much time in Leicester Square if I lived in London. It would be awesome. Then we went to Piccadilly Circus and although we were only there for a few minutes I was entranced. I can’t wait to go back. It was a maze of streets filled with shops. I just wanted to wander.


We came back to the flat afterwards where I ate my first of two cheese sandwiches (Dennis would be so proud). By the way, the cheese here is phenomenal. After that a group of us decided to go see Wicked, a play that I had never seen before.  It was wonderful! I loved the set, the costumes, and the music. It was amazing!


Anyway, off to bed. Can’t wait to see what happens tomorrow. J

More pictures!


Wicked!

The London Eye

Big Ben again

Changing of the horse guard
(very cool by the way, can't wait to see the more elaborate one)

The National Gallery

Giant blue rooster statue outside the National Gallery

Wicked again!

1 comment:

  1. Don't know what the deal is with the giant blue chicken, but I'm sure glad you got a picture of it. :-) And yes, Dennis will be SOOOOOO proud of you. :-)

    ReplyDelete