Monday, May 12, 2014

Guys! War Horse!

War Horse!!!
Okay, so War Horse was amazing and I'll talk about it forever, but I'm a little OCD so we have to start at the beginning of the day. 

We had class this morning. One of the two classes that we have this week. So hard, right? After class I went to the grocery store because I was out of food. And as I’ve recently discovered I love cheese sandwiches and I was out of bread. So, I bought, you know, regular food and then I bought just as much chocolate. This chocolate thing is becoming a problem…It probably doesn’t help that my cereal has chocolate in it. It’s like the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory cereal that we have back home.

So, I’ve started craving food from back home (which is crazy because the food here is SO amazing). But, it’s the little things. Like soda (it’s expensive here), and mac-and-cheese (they don’t have stuff like Kraft mac-and-cheese because it’s full of unhealthy and unnatural stuff and they don’t believe in those sorts of things here), and the other day I desperately wanted a Slurpee. Oh, and things like Cheez-Its. Anyway, I’ll stop complaining about the things I miss from home, I’m in London for goodness sakes. J


LEGO Sherlock Holmes!
Ok, so after that incredibly long and partially pointless tangent, after the grocery store we went to Hamley’s. It’s the oldest toy store in London and one of the biggest in the world. It was so much fun! There were 6 floors. They had everything! Legos, puzzles, a Harry Potter and LOTR display, and tons of stuffed animals. It was awesome! The employees were great too. They basically got to play with the toys and show them off, so you’d buy them. They were driving remote control cars on the walls and blowing bubbles and drawing and everything else in between. It was so fun! They had some amazing Lego sculptures too. They had a phone booth, members of the royal family, a Star Wars clone trooper, a Sherlock Holmes mini figure, and so many more! Anyway, it was fantastic!

After that we ate dinner at the same place that I had that super yummy Panini thing the other day. Except this time I decided to try something different and thought I would get their pulled pork because it smelled amazing. But, unfortunately the British don’t do pulled pork as good as we do. So, that was kind of sad, but I bought a Belgian chocolate brownie and that made up for it.

Guys it was SO good!
Then, we went to War Horse. And guys it was AMAZING! I’ve never seen anything like it. So, the horses are these giant mechanical puppets. They take 3 people to operate them (2 inside and 1 controlling the head). But, almost immediately after the play started I forgot completely about the puppeteers. I only saw the horses. The play was so wonderful. I laughed. I cried. And I was so sad when it was over and I had to leave. I would love to see it again before I come home. Oh! And the goose! They had a puppet goose too. It was so cute and funny and pretty much one of the best parts of the play. It kept getting shut out of the family house, so it was just sit outside the door for several minutes before it moved around. The puppeteer for the goose was pushing the goose around on the ground. The puppet looked like one of those toys that little kids push around with the plastic balls inside that pop when you push it back and forth (hope that made some sense). Anyway, I loved the play. And I just can’t describe how amazing it was. Of course, I’d better figure that out, because I have to write a paper about it…but, oh it was so wonderful!

I can’t think of a better way to end the day. J And tomorrow, guess where we’re going?! The British Library! Guess what station we get off at? KING’S CROSS!!! Guys, I’m going to King’s Cross tomorrow! For those of you who don’t understand my excitement, King’s Cross is where Platform 9 ¾ is in Harry Potter. I can’t wait!!!

Alright, well today was a great day and tomorrow is going to be just as fantastic. So, have fun back home! And drink a Sprite for me (the Sprite here is nasty) and eat a box of Cheez-Its too. 

Oh and here are a ton of pictures. Most of them from Hamley's.


LEGO Storm Trooper
(Dennis, is this a specific character?)

Me with the LEGO guards :)

The LEGO telephone booth

Awesome R2-D2 LEGO. Too bad it was almost $320.

LEGO crown

LEGO Queen

LEGO phone booth

More LEGO royalty

It's a Power Ranger made out of Power Rangers!

Karianne, I saw this and thought of you. :)

Look at those giant stuffed animal horses! They were seriously almost life-size.

And here's my pulled pork with rice and slaw
(in case you wanted to see it)

No comments:

Post a Comment