Thursday, June 5, 2014

More Delicious Food and More Shakespeare!

Cheese Toastie from Borough Market
Had the opportunity to sleep in this morning and of course I took it! Any chance to sleep in must be taken. No question. Anyway, so after I slept in a group of headed out to do stuff before we went to the Globe to see Antony and Cleopatra. We headed over to a shrine that replaced an old cemetery for the ‘unwanted dead’.  It was really cool to see how many people cared about those that had been seen as unfit to be buried in the church cemetery.

After that we headed to Borough Market to get another Cheese Toastie. I told you guys about them before (a long time ago actually). But, I didn’t have a picture to go with them and now I do! So delicious. I also got a Hawaiian smoothie (I think it had raspberries, pineapple, mango, and banana. Or something like that…). It was also super yummy.

Then we headed over to the Globe so we could wait in line to get a good standing position. We waited for about 2 hours and I ended up with a spot right up next to the stage! It was pretty cool to be that close, but I’m just a little bit too tall to lean comfortably on the stage. But, the play was pretty good. Long, but good.  

Then rather than going to do something else (really the only thing to do would have been to see another show) we decided to come back to the flat and write our paper that’s due tomorrow night. So, on the way home I bought another raspberry tart. Amazing! Then ate dinner and now, instead of writing my paper I’m watching a movie. No one has written their paper. Sometimes it’s just good to have a relaxing evening.


Anyway, enjoy the pictures!

My view from the end of the stage at the Globe

The Globe!

Millenium Bridge and St. Paul's

Raspberry tart #3 (?)

No comments:

Post a Comment