Saturday, June 14, 2014

A Stroll Through the Country

One of the many fields of wildflowers. 
Our group went on a country walk today. We took a train out of the city and went walking with our guides (who ranged from ages 10-76). It was quite the group. They originally told us that the hike would be 8-10 miles, but it could not have been that long. Maybe 4-5. It was wonderful. It was supposed to be really hot, but it ended up being overcast and it drizzled off and on throughout the day. I was so happy that it wasn’t hot. I was a little mad that I had just spent £10 on sunscreen, but oh well. I’ll be so prepared next time it’s sunny (watch it’ll be overcast for the rest of the time I’m in London). Anyway, the walk was really pretty. There were fields of lavender and fields of poppies (unfortunately I don't have any pictures of those fields). We took several stops along the way. One was at a ruined castle. It was pretty cool. We stopped at a little shop by the lavender fields. Everything they had there was lavender scented, flavored, etc. Then we stopped in a little Catholic(?) church and sat down for a bit. There was no one there so we sang “Come Thou Fount” before we left. It was really cool. The echo in that church was amazing.

Then we came home. I went shopping for a little bit. Bought some t-shirts, but that’s pretty much how I spent my Saturday. I know it’s a short post, but I’ve got to go write my last two papers. I thought I had written my last paper, but no. I’ve got 2 more to write before Monday night. But, they are super short, so it’ll be easy. 

Anyway, enjoy the few pictures that I have. 

More yellow flowers!

These are Hops plants. They are used to make beer. 

The England countryside is so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment