Monday, June 16, 2014

More Chocolaty Deliciousness!

My super delicious waffle!
Took my first of two finals today. It was incredibly easy. It only took me about an hour to finish. Then I headed back home to finish my papers. Finished them both before noon today! It was a wonderful feeling to submit them both. Afterwards a group of us headed to this Dutch crepe place. I had a banana and chocolate waffle with hot chocolate. The crepes were huge there was no way I’d be able to eat the whole thing. But, my waffle was delicious and the hot chocolate was some of the best hot chocolate I’ve had in London. Most of their hot chocolate is bitter, but this one was chocolaty and sweet.

After that some of us went over to the V& A (the Victoria and Albert Museum). I hadn’t been there yet and it’s only a 10 minute walk from our flat. We saw the jewelry and their silver. We also wandered through the theater exhibit, which had one of the horse puppets from War Horse. It was pretty awesome. My favorite part was this belt from the 19th century. Basically it was an utility belt. It had all sorts of things on it. A pocket knife, scissors. Yeah, I really liked the 19th century utility belt. 

By the time we left the V&A most things in London had shut down for the night except for plays and we weren’t really in the mood to see another play, so I just came back home and watched a movie and did laundry. While it wasn’t the most productive day I’ve had in London I think it was a nice balance of productivity and rest. I really enjoyed it.


Enjoy the pictures!

A Coca-Cola cross. Why it was at the V&A? I have no idea. 

A GIANT copy of the Bible

The 19th century's version of a utility belt.

War Horse puppet

Look at this gorgeous harpsichord!

The Lion King costumes at the V&A. Scar and Sarabi.

This was a giant circle of rings. They all had different gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment