Monday, June 2, 2014

Diamonds, Swords, and Yummy Food. What More Do I Need?

Tower of London
Started the day off with the Tower of London. It was pretty good. The Crown Jewels were awesome. So many huge diamonds. We went in several of the towers. The Bloody Tower. The White Tower. A few others that didn’t have major titles. The White Tower was basically the armory. It was awesome! Loved the armor and all the weapons. Dennis would’ve loved it! Walked through the torture chamber too. That was creepy. It didn’t take too long to do everything, but it was fun.

Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese
Afterwards a group of us went to Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese. It’s a pub that was rebuilt in 1667. Many famous authors (Charles Dickens, Alfred Tennyson, Arthur Conan Doyle, etc.) visited it. Charles Dickens was actually a regular. The table next to us had the seat that he usually sat at. It had a plaque and everything. J It was really cool and the food was wonderful. I had Chicken Roulade. It was delicious. 

After that a group of us went to Primark. It’s a clothing store here. The prices are pretty low. I didn’t buy anything. I got really excited when I found out that they did their pants by length, but the longest inseam was 34”. And that’s just not going to cut it. They were cheap too, so I would’ve bought so many pairs. J

Our group split again after that. My half of the group went and got food. We had Pizza Hut because it was close by and quick. Supreme pizza slice and 4 pieces of garlic bread. It was pretty good. Then because I wanted ice cream I got Ben and Jerry’s. 2 scoops: chocolate brownie and a chocolate chip cookie flavor. It was divine!

Then we headed off to our play, Blithe Spirit. It was really funny. Angela Lansbury played the part of the
psychic. It was really good. I loved the end scene where the spirits destroyed the set. It was awesome.


And that was it today. Oh! Starbursts here are really good. I think they are better than the ones in the States. Yep. On that note. Enjoy the pictures. 

My Chicken Roulade

My Ben and Jerry's

Blithe Spirit with Angela Lansbury

Super cute blue doors at the Tower of London

I just loved the design on this cannon.
It symbolizes overcoming Satan or something like that...

Dragon made of weapons and armor

Part of the armory

No comments:

Post a Comment