Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Definitely One of My Favorite Days in London

The London Eye
Had my other final this morning. This one was an acting final, so not exactly one of my strengths, but our group did a wonderful job. It was a lot of fun. We did a scene from Much Ado about Nothing. I was Beatrice (she's very sarcastic and wonderfully funny). J

After our final we headed over to Camden Market. I hadn’t been there before, but I didn’t buy anything today because I’m going to wait until I go on Saturday when all the shops are open and it is crazy busy. It’ll be awesome! After that we headed over to Borough Market and bought some fish n’ chips. We ate them by the Thames. It was gorgeous. After we finished our fish n’ chips we headed back to Borough and bought tarts for dessert. I got a chocolate and salted caramel one. J They were all out of the raspberry ones.

Next on our list of adventures for the day: The London Eye. The queue was so long, but it was definitely worth it to go up on a Ferris wheel that high above London and see the city. It’s so beautiful and amazing.   

The wonderful carousel ride
Then we headed over to this little man-made “beach” that was next to the Thames. It’s basically just a giant sandbox that was just recently put up. It was so cool to walk through the sand in London by the Thames. It was amazing! These are the little things about London that I love. They just installed a giant sandbox on the Thames and I got to walk through it and play in the sand. It was great! Then we went on the carousel because we are mature and grown up adults. J I had a horse named Kate and Sarah (the girl I went with) had one named William. It was a wonderful coincidence. J I had so much fun on that carousel. It was wonderful!

Of course after all of that we were pretty exhausted so we came back to our flat and relaxed for an hour or so before heading back out to wander through Hyde Park and read for a bit. I love reading in the park. It’s great and the park was gorgeous as always. A wonderful ending to a fantastic day.

Basically it was a perfect day. One of the best days I’ve had in London. J

OH! And I bought tickets to The Crucible starring Richard Armitage (the guy who plays Thorin in The Hobbit) for opening night! I’m SO excited!!! J Anyway…


Enjoy my pictures!

The London Eye!

My delicious chocolate and salted caramel tart!

Panoramic from the London Eye

Me, Palace of Westminster, and Big Ben!

The man-made 'beach' on the Thames

Kate and William

The London Eye and the Thames

Big Ben!

Big Ben!

Hyde Park

Reading in Hyde Park

No comments:

Post a Comment