Monday, June 30, 2014

All Good Things Must Come to an End

Look! I have a street!
So for my last day in London we did a lot of random little things. We started off by going to Chelsea (one of the districts in London). We walked through it for about an hour. Saw lots of things with my name on it. :) Chelsea Bridge, Chelsea Court, Chelsea Embankment, Chelsea Potter, several Chelsea streets, etc. And we bought a mixed berry tart because fruit tarts in London are amazing. We saw one; obviously we had to buy it. :)

Then we went to Baker Street. I hadn’t been there yet and since it was my last day in London I had to go. :) Took several pictures outside and picked up a couple Sherlock Holmes business cards and a miniature violin. Then to continue with our Sherlock adventure we headed to Speedy’s café, which is where the BBC series Sherlock is filmed. It’s the café next to their 221b Baker Street. It was a little café and they had set pictures on the walls. We ate lunch there. We both had their Sherlock Wrap, which was pretty good. It had chicken and bacon and a bunch of veggies and a slightly spicy chili sauce on it.

After Sherlock we headed to Sainsbury’s (the grocery store) to stock up on chocolate to bring home. We bought £25 worth of chocolate (shhh....don’t tell). :) Lots and lots of chocolate. Totally worth it. :)

The gorgeous hydrangeas.
After the chocolate shopping spree we went to the V&A (Victoria and Albert Museum) before dinner. We looked at the jewelry, stained glass, and the tapestries. We also went into their garden that they have in the middle of the museum and it was full of wonderful hydrangeas. They were all different colors and they were everywhere. After that we went to Giraffe for dinner. It was a restaurant on High Street Kensington. It was really really really good. I had their enchiladas. They were fantastic! You know when you watch a Food Network show and they talk about how dishes have layers of flavor? Well, that’s the only way I could describe these enchiladas. They were amazing!

For our last activity in London we decided to walk down the Thames at night. We pretty much took the same route that Sarah and I took the week before. We crossed the Millennium Bridge and then walked to Big Ben. It was gorgeous. And that was our last day in London.

The next day we made it to the airport and took our two flights home. Now I'm back home and missing all my adventures in London and still slightly jet-lagged. :) But, I'm home now and normal life must go on. :)

So enjoy the pictures from my last day in London! 

Me by my bridge (Chelsea Bridge)

Chelsea Embankment

See. I'm not lying. :)

Another street!

Our mixed berry tart. :) It was delicious. 

221b Baker Street

Baker Street!

The blue Sherlock plaque above 221b

Speedy's Cafe.

It doesn't look special, but it's pretty good. :)

More hydrangeas

No idea what kind of flower this is, but it's beautiful. 

Pink hydrangeas

And blue hydrangeas. 

My wonderfully delicious enchiladas. So good!

St. Paul's (at night) :)

St. Paul's again.

The view of the Shard, Tower Bridge, and the Thames
 from Millennium Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment