Sunday, June 8, 2014

Art!

The Tate Modern
After church, which was awesome because the kids in Nursery were super adorable today, I went with a couple other girls to the Tate Modern and the Tate Britain.

I really liked the Tate Modern because I’ve discovered that I really like modern art. Not some of the crazy stuff, but the more minimalist stuff is cool. Anyway, I found a couple of pieces that I loved there (pictures at the bottom of this post) and then we headed over to the Tate Britain. And I forgot to mention, but museums in London are free, so they are the perfect Sunday activity. And side note, but I love that museums are free here. I don’t usually like to pay to see something that I feel should be available to anyone.

The Tate Britain
Anyway, back to the Tate Britain. This one had more modern art, but the focus was more the classical art. So, they had a timeline of British art. It was interesting to see how art changed over the years. Found some more pieces that I really liked (pictures at the bottom).


Then after walking for way too long (my feet were protesting with every single step), I came home and wrote my last paper! Whoohoo! J And that was my Sunday. Enjoy the pictures!




From Line by Lee Ufan (Tate Modern)

Variation on the Form of an Anchor by Tristram Hillier
(Tate Modern)
Azalea Garden by Patrick Heron
(Tate Britain)
Hesitate by Bridget Riley
(Tate Britain)
The Lady of Shallot by John William Waterhouse
(Tate Britain)
These next 3 paintings were huge. They were in their own little end of the display. To see the three of them side-by-side was amazing.

The Last Judgment by John Martin
(Tate Britain)
The Great Day of His Wrath by John Martin
(Tate Britain)
The Plains of Heaven by John Martin
(Tate Britain)

No comments:

Post a Comment